If you want to travel in comfort and style with your loved ones on your next weekend trip, then a charter bus is the way to go. When you book a charter bus, you won’t have to stress about allocating passengers to multiple vehicles, which can be frustrating and time-consuming. You also won’t have to worry about everyone arriving at different times.
If it’s your first time, you might feel overwhelmed or unsure about how to rent a charter bus for the weekend. Fortunately, it’s a simple task to rent a charter bus for the weekend, as long as you start your planning ahead of time and follow the guide below.
How to Rent a Charter Bus for the Weekend
Figure Out Your Budget
Contrary to popular belief, renting a charter bus is not expensive at all. This is especially evident when you factor in all the money you would normally spend on gas and pre-trip car inspections if you decide to travel to your destination via multiple vehicles.
Rental rates vary across charter bus companies, so you’ll need to research online or make a few calls. To get the most value, reach out to several companies to compare rates. Before you do, however, it helps to have the following information handy:
- Your pickup and return dates and times.
- The number of passengers you are planning on having.
- Your full itinerary.
- Required facilities, such as a kneel bus, a lift bus, 110 outlets or a PA system.
These details will help ensure that the charter bus company provides you with a quotation that suits your requirements. If the quote seems too high, don’t hesitate to let the reservation specialist of the charter bus company know. They’ll work with you to find solutions that fit your budget.
There are other costs you’ll need to account for when calculating rental expenses, such as the following:
- Parking and Toll Costs: Organizing and paying for parking, as well as covering toll costs, are the responsibility of the parties who rented the bus.
- Lodging for the Driver: Depending on the charter bus company you choose, you might also need to arrange and pay for the costs of your driver’s lodging for the weekend. Remember that drivers can legally not drive for longer than 10 hours. They also need at least eight hours of rest before they can drive the bus again.
- Tips for the Driver: Gratuity is not required. However, feel free to give a tip to show your appreciation if your driver went above and beyond to ensure you have a safe and comfortable trip.
Finalize Your Itinerary
A well-planned trip means less stress for you and your fellow travelers. If you’re not sure how to start planning where to go or what to do on your trip, you can reach out to your charter bus company. They likely know your destination well and can provide some helpful suggestions.
Before your pickup date, make sure you’ve already finalized your itinerary. Be sure to let your charter bus company know the details as soon as you have them. They’ll need to know the stops you’ll be making and approximately how much time you plan to spend at each one.
Make sure to include time for meal breaks and bathroom stops for everyone on board, including the driver.
Exploring attractions on the road to your destination helps ensure you and your loved ones don’t spend too long in transit. This helps keep you and your loved ones from getting bored and provides plenty of opportunities for fun and making memories.
Safe, Reliable Charter Bus Rentals at Competitive Rates
It’s easy to rent a charter bus for the weekend, and it’s also a cost-effective way to travel with a group. When you choose Atlantic Coast Charters, you also get access to amenities your cars might not have, such as reclining seats, onboard WiFi and large under-bus storage bays.
We offer accessibility features, like wheelchair lifts, that make travel more comfortable for persons with disabilities. There’s plenty of space to move around, and our onboard restrooms help reduce the number of bathroom stops you need to make.
Contact us today to learn more about our amenities and facilities or request a quotation.