Organizing a team building trip is no mean feat — there’s a lot to plan and prepare for, and one of the most important details to iron out beforehand is how to get to the venue. However, if you’ve opted for a charter bus rental for corporate team building events as your mode of transportation, you’re already on the right track.
A charter bus rental from Atlantic Coast Charters comes with the amenities you need for a safe, relaxed and fun trip. These include WiFi, reclining seats, an onboard restroom, and the option for a wheelchair lift for persons with disabilities.
Why Hold a Team Building Event?
While planning a team building trip is often a complicated process, the benefits to your business are worth the effort. These include better communication among staff, improved morale and greater collaboration.
According to a report by Gallup, workplace isolation can decrease productivity by up to 21 percent. Team building events help reduce feelings of isolation, common in organizations where employees work from home most or all of the time. In turn, this may help increase productivity.
Planning Your Trip: Top Tips for Stress-Free Experience
Before you book a charter bus, follow our tips to prevent hiccups that can take away from your team’s enjoyment.
Choose the Right Bus
When choosing the type of bus to rent, consider the following factors:
- Group size – Take a headcount before you book a charter bus rental for corporate team building events. This will help narrow down your choices and prevent you from renting an unnecessarily large and expensive bus. Some buses can seat anywhere from 30 to 50 people.
- Mobility and accessibility features – If you have people on the trip who have mobility challenges, ask the bus company if they offer accessibility features such as a wheelchair lift and a slip-resistant ramp.
- Driver experience and safety records – Before you book a charter bus rental for corporate teambuilding events, ask the charter company if you can see their safety records. Also, ask about their drivers’ experience and whether they undergo regular safety training. This extra step helps ensure you and your team get to and from your destination without accidents or mishaps.
- Amenities – Some charter bus companies, such as Atlantic Coast Charters, have vehicles that come with onboard bathrooms. These eliminate the need for pitstops and help ensure you get to your destination without unnecessary delays. Other amenities you should look out for are WiFi, DVD players and reclining seats – these are especially helpful if the trip takes more than a few hours.
- Luggage space – The bus you choose should have enough room for everyone’s luggage and any equipment and supplies you’ll be bringing to the venue, such as a projector, coolers, games and toolkits.
- Costs – Finally, ensure that the rental expenses fit your budget. Otherwise, you might end up cutting costs on other aspects of the trip.
Provide Trip Details to the Charter Bus Company
Before you book, make sure you have the following information on hand:
- The pick-up addresses.
- The destination and any stopovers you might want to make along the way.
- The pick-up and drop-off dates and times.
- The addresses of the passengers.
- Your budget.
Providing this information to the charter bus company ahead of time will allow them to help you choose the best bus for your needs.
Choose the Best Charter Bus Rental for Corporate Teambuilding Events
Atlantic Coast Charters is a trusted provider of charter bus rentals for corporate teambuilding events in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The company has a fleet of 34, 47 and 55-passenger buses, with amenities that make traveling to and from your destination safe, efficient and fun.
To get a quote, fill out the online form. In addition, you may call the Linthicum location at (410) 204-2403 and the Hagerstown office at (301) 900-5334.