Organizing a trip for a company, school, sports team or any other group events can be daunting. The biggest question you may have is how to rent a charter bus. It’s a better option compared to carpooling or van rentals. However, there are a few extra hurdles you need to pay attention to when renting an oversized vehicle.
When figuring out how to rent a charter bus, you need to consider the bus type, available seats, amenities, available storage space and overall cost. As the top charter bus company in Maryland, we take care of all of this and more.
Types of Charter Rental Services
Event organizers rent buses according to the needs of their group and the planned destination. Therefore, you should choose the type of bus rental service with amenities matching your group’s specific needs. Charter trips can be classified into the following categories:
- School Field Trips: School charters can vary from 34 to 55-passenger capacity buses. These buses have features to keep the entire class safe during the trip. The students and faculty can enjoy amenities to keep them comfortable while traveling.
- Senior Citizen Charters: Charters of this type have amenities to assist the elderly who may have mobility challenges, such as ADA and wheelchair accessibility.
- Government and Military Charters: This type of charter service offers better reliability, security and a larger storage capacity.
- Sports Team Rentals: Charter services for sports teams provide more efficient huddles. Not only does your team stay comfortable during the trip, but they can also relax, enjoy some snacks and drinks as well as prepare for the next match. Your players can enjoy seating spaces with more legroom and storage for your team’s equipment.
- Casino Day Trip Charters: Day trips to a casino should be fun for a group of friends. Day trip charters offer amenities that help you relax, unwind and enjoy the company of friends.
- Church Bus Rentals: Bus charters for your congregation should include amenities that cover everyone’s needs. Bus rentals should have features that allow members of your church group to socialize. It should enable ministers to attend to each member’s needs and have enough room for simple group activities during the trip.
- Wedding Transportation: Wedding planners sometimes need to provide transportation for guests. These charter buses have varying capacities depending on the size of the wedding. There should be amenities to ensure guests’ comfort, making the trip from the hotel to the wedding venue and vice versa more pleasant.
Seating Capacity and Bus Type
You can classify buses according to seating capacity. Note that the larger buses can provide more amenities and legroom. Here are the various bus sizes:
- Coach Charter Buses: These are the biggest buses you can rent, and they seat 55 passengers comfortably with plenty of legroom. Therefore, they offer more amenities such as onboard restrooms, reclining seats and more seating capacity.
- Mini Coach Charter Buses: These buses are slightly smaller than coach charters. They still provide modern amenities but can only accommodate 34 to 47 passengers. These buses still have plenty of storage space, which makes them a good option for sports teams and larger groups.
- Mini Charter Buses: This is the smallest type of bus charter you can find, and they seat 30 or fewer passengers. These buses look like regular school buses but with a more modern appeal. These buses are best suited for short trips.
It would help if you considered the amenities of a charter bus before you rent one. Modern rental buses offer features such as:
- An onboard restroom
- Air conditioning
- Reclining cushioned seats
- Free Wi-Fi
- Ample legroom
- Storage spaces
- GPS tracking
Consider the needs of your group. For example, some passengers may need phone chargers, drinks, food, wheelchair lifts or ADA accessibility features.
When to Book a Charter Bus?
It’s okay for the event organizers to book one to three months in advance during lean seasons. However, it is best to book around nine months ahead if you’re planning trips during the peak months from April to June.
How Much Do Charter Bus Rentals Cost?
Charter rentals are usually paid by the hour. There is no standard pricing since each company offers different rates. Expect mini charter buses to be more affordable and coaches as the most expensive options.
How To Rent a Charter Bus
Renting a charter bus requires a lot of planning:
- You need to research your destination and determine your group size.
- Select the right size and type of bus you need. After that, contact the bus charter company and book your trip.
- Make sure to send the itinerary to the charter and give a copy to all group members.
Rent a Charter Bus from a Seasoned Company
It is best to rent a charter bus from a company with extensive experience and a fleet of buses to match every need. At Atlantic Coast Charters, we have proudly served many travelers since 2010. As a result, we have a fleet of charter buses complete with modern amenities. Contact us today, and our consultants will be more than happy to assist you.